Tuesday, December 6, 2011

KISS ing…or Keeping it simple, stupid.

One of my favorite things to do when I was in Spokane, was to cook and bake. I would spend hours preparing and cutting and all that jazz. I could fit my Japanese kitchen into my American kitchen about two times. I have tried to reteach myself how to cook more simple things and spend less time worrying about what we are going to eat. This was dinner made with white radish and the white radish greens. I have learned a lot from what they cook at Miyo's school. Most of the vegetables I use are bought from the farmer's stands that are surrounding our apartment. I know it sounds odd, when you think of Japan you would never guess how many little plots of land are just a few rows of green onion, broccoli, cabbage, and radish. I can grab this stuff for ¥100. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment