Friday, October 21, 2011

Commute


First commute. Just shy of 10 miles round trip.
No South Hill. No Spokane River. No Bluff. No dirt. No peace and quiet. No fun? 
Well, it was fun but different. I need to ride differently here. Can't really ride exclusively with traffic. You really need to use the sidewalk to be safer. Especially when turning across lanes. Haven't seen any cyclists do that yet. Some of the roads were just too narrow. I just need to get used to everything. I'll be riding my bike around like an ass in no time.
For most part I think the cars can adjust to cyclists on the road because there's so many scooters here. The scooter dudes zip in and out of traffic like crazy.


It's the same distance as it was between my house in Spokane and The Scoop but there's so much stuff between my house and work here that it feels like a world away. Too much traffic too.
I'm not too excited about all the cars but look forward to a lot of exploration. Found a cool bike shop on my way to work. Ended up buying a new Nitto handle bar for my bike. They had a bunch of nice bikes too. I'll write about my bike too next time. It's a ton-a fun.

Above Bike Store.

Bought one of them.



Ta da. Want it.

One of each please.

I'll take it to go.

1 comment:

  1. I like the vibe of that shop. Clean and tidy but no fussery. More bike pictures and bike stories please.

    ReplyDelete