Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Shopping Trifecta.


You know you are settling in to a routine when you are brave enough to attempt a trip to the Apple Store in Shibuya. They just released the iPhone4 here yesterday. I am not that current with these sort of events but I thought it was odd that the store was open two hours early. We were there. And we ruled so much, that we did not have to wait in the huge line. Actually, I managed to get the attention of an Apple employee who spoke English. He was from Italy. Go figure.



In order to complete the elusive trifecta, it is highly recommended to have coffee. Most coffee here we have had, either from a vending machine, instant, anywhere...sucks. We have gone to Starbucks TWICE in two days, and I gotta say that it is very oishi. That is Pajanese for yummy. It is pretty pricey though. 8 bucks of coffee pictured.





I really wanted Patrick to help me steal this bike. I figured it needed a new home because it has a very flat tire. The sad thing is, that people barely lock these gems up, and this one is locked to nothing. It would never last 5 minutes in Spokane. I love it here. Your Bianchi Volpe is safe.








Patrick is the king of taking his own picture. This is not easily done when you are holding this little baby that I have nick named, the honey badger. I am pretty sure her first word will not be in English. It might be in Pajanese, right now she is good at yelling about what she wants . We had to hit the ramen store after our morning shopping. Fuel up for the trifecta!



These are the best gyoza ever known to man. I think I am in love. I can talk all day about the food here. It is serious business. The fruit is beautiful and as Lauren said "they treat it like a baby". Boy do they ever. Not just the Japanese food. All of the food is so good. People like to eat here, and is shows. I like to eat here too!






They also just love soft serve ice cream here. And lucky for us...we love it also. I am pretty sure my kids' first food they could feed themselves came in a cone. So, this is turning into a food blog. I am sorry, did I say that I love the food here? It is sort of a tradition to get soft serve for us now. Where are my running shoes? I need to run off some of this food!





This is Miyo.


So, back to this trifecta thing. We went shopping at three used stores. It is like going thrift shopping but better. In Japan, used means like new. They usually save the box that something comes in and all the instructions. I keep finding great washing machines. Miyo is good at finding toys and Hello Kitty things. Patrick is good at finding stuff we actually need. Nanae is good at drawing attention to us. We had a great, long day of shopping and everyone is asleep or about ready to pass out. Yes, I think I can handle the life Pajan.

No comments:

Post a Comment