Sunday, January 29, 2012

She actually has teeth! I was beginning to wonder.

The good news is that Nanae is finally getting more teeth.  The better news is that she looks like she has the Pennebaker gap in her front top teeth.  I often wish I had never had orthodontics to fix my gap.  I am not sure you can really explain to a fourteen year old the commitment that it is.  I am thirty years old and I still have to wear a retainer in order to keep my teeth nice.  What sort of punishment is that?  Of course, I do wear it to keep them nice and straight.  I would not want to waste all the money my parent's spent on my braces.  But, I am sure that someday we will talk about this with Nanae.  Maybe she will not have the gap when her adult teeth show up.  I think it is pretty darn cute either way.  

2 comments:

  1. Sheer joy in that grin. ^^

    Japan thinks crooked teeth are cute! Have you heard of yaeba? I don't like it, but it's very popular. I've even read a New York Times report that Japanese women with normal teeth get artificial yaeba, but I'm not sure I actually believe that. Here:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/23/fashion/in-japan-a-trend-to-make-straight-teeth-crooked-noticed.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I totally saw them do a spot on the news about this the other day. How unusual! I do not know about it. I sure notice the teeth around me. How are teeth in South Africa?

    ReplyDelete