Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It does snow in Japan.

Proof!
I had no idea it snowed here.  I guess, I really do not know much about this new place that I live.  We have been here since the end of September.  I wish I had used my reading skills for doing some research instead of reading so much Jonathan Kellerman.  Well, now you also know, that it snows in Kawasaki.  Right now it is icy as hell on the areas that are shady and do not get sun.  I still see everyone going about their business riding bikes and walking everywhere.  As if driving here is not terrifying enough!  Ah, driving.  That brings me to my next thought.  I am  going to get my license.  I have been studying the street signs.  I swear, the stop sign here reminds me too much of the yield sign in the US.  I totally blew through it.  So, lots do to.   And I must keep Nanae from falling on the ice, jumping off the couch, putting toothpicks into her ear, touching the hot grill, and chipping her teeth.  That kid....

2 comments:

  1. It usually snows once, maybe twice, each winter, but very lightly. This is the heaviest I've ever seen.

    You're a Kellerman fan, too? I love the stories about Alex and Milo! ^^

    Please give us a detailed account of your license experience. I'll have to do it myself, one day, but I keep postponing it. (Advantage: South Africans drive on the left as well. Disadvantage: any African license is regarded with grave suspicion by most other authorities. Sigh.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick got me a Kindle before we left Washington, and I am staying on top of my reading. Which means I am patiently waiting for the next Kellerman. Where do you get your books? I read another blog to get advice on my license. There are no instructions that I have found anywhere on how to do this. I am still waiting on getting my resident card, or alien registration card. Then everything else can happen.

    ReplyDelete