Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How to NOT get run over, in pictures.

There is traffic everywhere you look here.  In Spokane, I could sort of daydream while I walked and still not collide with anything.  Today, I walked to get some groceries and some videos and took some pictures of my trek.  We live on a bit of a ridge which means to get to any of the three train stations that are near us, you need to go downhill.  So, this all the things I see on my walk and why I have to pay attention because I almost got hit by an old guy on a bicycle today.  Thank goodness I was alone, and did not have Nanae in the carrier and was not holding Miyo's hand, and I did NOT get hit.  I also had a car honk at me to get me to move out of the center of the road while I was taking this first picture.  I moved, of course, but then I began to wonder if flipping the bird is a universal signal.
Pretty sewer cover.



Road construction.



Miyo has decided this sign says, "Do not let your dog $hit here!".

Two signs, to really drive the point home!

Tiny and narrow street.  This is the base of what we call the damn hill.  We live at the top of this hill.  To get anywhere, you pretty much have to go down...then up to get home.

Bikes are everywhere you look.  Usually moving fast and not using the bell to warn you that you are in the way.

These taxi drivers are fast and aggressive, and everywhere.
Miyo is eating a pizzamon.  It is a little steamed bun with pizza like ingredients inside.  They are at every convenience store and they are, well, convenient.

2 comments:

  1. The no-$hit dog signs rule. The simple image of the pile is an awesome piece of art - no dog has ever dropped a pile that looks like that and yet everyone knows exactly what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People have signs everywhere that look similar, no one wants dog poop near them. Poor dogs have to poop on the street.

    ReplyDelete