Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pack your own groceries.

Groceries at the store down the hill, Humming Stage.  How is that for Engrish.
What do all the high school kids do to earn money here?  They do not pack groceries.  I do.  In fact, the only other country that I have been to, not including Canada, is England.  And in England, you pack your own as well.  I sort of like doing it, except when I have the baby strapped to my front and she keeps grabbing things, and there are three old ladies waiting for me to get out of the way.  This day, I was shopping alone and I only bought a few things.  I bought ramen, which makes the ramen in the US look like garbage, oranges, cabbage, and bread.  I usually go to the store every day, walking up and down the damn hill is good for me.  Today, I think I might take the car to the video store.

3 comments:

  1. You know what still ghasts my flabber? :) When I lived in SA, I went to a supermarket with my car and filled the boot with supplies for a month. Firstly food was cheap enough to buy so much, and secondly I had more than enough space at home to store everything. Now I walk or cycle, and buy just enough to fill a rucksack or mamachari basket. Which I pack myself. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to shop every day or almost every day. I like it. But the few trips we take to Costco get complicated when you have to put things aways. I used to buy toilet paper at Costco when we were in the states...here, I would not even think about it. Where in hell would I put the 35 rolls I am not using?

      Delete
  2. Discover how 1,000's of people like YOU are working for a LIVING online and are living their dreams right NOW.
    GET FREE ACCESS INSTANLY

    ReplyDelete