Sunday, February 12, 2012

Call the mayonnaise police!

Looks innocent enough, right?

I am new to mayonnaise.  I still remember crying in high school when there was a mistake at KFC and my Chicken Little had mayo on it.  Yes, I cried when I was in HIGH SCHOOL about mayo.  I hated mayo and would not eat anything that even touched it, could not even scrape that stuff off and make me feel okay about it.  Mayo and I can coexist in small doses like on a sandwich, but not when we are on pasta or pizza or snuck into an cheese and onion covered piece of bread such as you see here.  I hate it when they sneak it into food when I am so excited to eat it.  This little morsel came from the market at Saint Marc's restaurant that is held the second Sunday of the month.  They have some farmer's selling produce, some of their baked goodies, and some of their soup, salad dressing, cake and today they had alcohol.  Next month, I will not get this bread.  The croissants however, were totally delish.



Guilty of mayonnaise smuggling!

2 comments:

  1. Have you encountered the ubiquitous corn-with-everything-including-mayonnaise yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like it in sushi, but not EVERY WHERE else I see it! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete