Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What is up?!

Nice package.
We are almost done being sick.  Patrick has some crazy neck problem right now, I would call it a crick?  That looks odd to see it in type though.  I am sure it is stress and probably how he slept on it, but he is getting better.  Finally, we are all getting better.  Today was a beautiful day and I took full advantage and opened up some windows to get some fresh air in this apartment and get rid of the sick air.  We also went on a walk and went to the train station to get coffee.  Everything feels pretty good.  I got a package from Diane this weekend and I want to thank her for all the nice things from home.  My hair thanks you so much.  I have not been able to find the right henna here to color my hair.  That is right, I am not a real red head, I am a blonde with henna.  It all makes sense now!  I also was pretty busy with teaching last week.  One of the teachers was sick, so instead of my single class, I had three classes last week.  SO much fun teaching those kids.  I had a group of 3 year old kids and they just learn English so fast.  It is like having a class full of parrots.

Chocolate, Gummi Bears, Coffee, and the green stuff is henna hair color.
This came from Spokane!  Yay!  What a nice surprise!  I really needed all of this.  The chocolate was a really yummy bitter chocolate from Theo in Seattle, yes, yummy.  And after watching a video on YouTube, I was able to just touch up my roots with my henna.  I used a kitchen mixer and a cake decorator bag to do it...how genius is that?  I was just doing my whole head when I needed a touch up, and what a waste.  This way I only used half a box.

Look, MA!  No roots!
See!  No one knows I am a blonde anymore.  And that is so good.  See, thumbs are up.

My Milo addiction.
I have no idea why this stuff tastes so good to me right now, but I am just going with it. I guess maybe my body needs barley or something. I am pretty sure that I will finish this tomorrow and do not ask me how much milk we have gone through here. The milk tastes so much better here. In Spokane, I was buying milk from a local dairy and it was pretty good. But, the milk from the convenience store here is so good that I find myself just drinking milk all the time. And I never really did that before. Same thing with the eggs. I am eating two eggs every morning. They are so fresh, I cannot believe it. If I want to make deviled eggs, I have to buy eggs and let them sit in the fridge for a few weeks. WTF? In Spokane, I could make hard boiled eggs like the day I bought the eggs. Who needs to have chickens? They are pretty gross anyway. The chickens are.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the real world!

    I started grinning when I read you colour your hair. Most women want to be blonde. You? You're a real blonde, but you go red. I like that. :D

    PS: If you like barley, try mugicha (麦茶, roasted barley tea). It's not remotely the same as Milo, of course, but it has a delicious fresh taste especially in summer. It's supposed to be hyper-healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dying my hair. I have been doing it since 7th grade and the few times I have had it my natural color, I get bored and do something drastic to change it. What color are you? I have only been using the henna for a few months and I gotta say, that I love it. If I had not run out of it, no one would have known what my real color is. As far as the tea goes I have not tried that. I do love any tea that has that toasted rice flavor in it. I know that Suntory has a cold bottled tea that is pretty spendy for the small bottle at ¥168 and I love that. I also had a Coca cola brand one out of the vending machine at Seisen that was so good. I will try to find this barley one.

    ReplyDelete