Friday, February 10, 2012

The Gaijin With A Bumble Bee Tattoo.

Today was the Japanese theatre release of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  I read this series right after we got to Japan and I was really looking forward to seeing how the movie measured up.  With some Patrick guidance, I took the train all by myself to the Warner Brothers Mycal Theatres to watch it.  I had to switch trains and take the municipal subway at one point, which was a bit tricky, but I made it to the mall with time to spare.  Buying tickets was a breeze until he asked me which seat I wanted...WHAT?  You get to pic a seat when you buy your tickets?  Yes, you do.  And, since I was the first person to buy a ticket for the 4:30 pm showing, I choose a great seat that was worth the ¥1,800.  That is about twenty dollars!  Yikes!  I grabbed a cup of water and went to sit down.  They played tons of commercials and previews, but now I know when the new Twilight is released here.  The movie itself was pretty great.  I really liked it.  I was a little shocked at how graphic it was, I know I read the book and I knew this stuff, but actually seeing it was pretty intense.  I wonder if the ten other Japanese people in the audience knew what they were getting themselves into.  They even blurred out on of the scenes in the movie, no special effects, just good old fashioned pixels.  After the movies I grabbed a quick bite and took the train to my station and then a very crowded bus home.  It was a pretty good date with myself.  I was so nervous when I left the apartment, that I actually forgot the camera so I am sorry.  Maybe when I go to see the new Twilight movie on the 25th of this month, I will make a little photo essay for you!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! I really want to see this movie. Is Rooney Mara a good Lisbeth Salander? (I'd actually like to see both movies, the Swedish and the American, just to compare. Maybe I should get the DVDs.)

    Congrats with yet another milestone! :)

    ReplyDelete