Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Losing teeth and exhaling.

I have been holding my breath and freaking out over teaching my first class.  Now as I sit here in the glare of the monitor after the fact, I feel like I can breath again.  Lesson plan?  I have no idea what that is!  English?  I barely speak it!  I LOVED IT.  My class had five kids in it and even some of their parents who watched.  I blew through my lesson plan in twenty minutes and then had to wing it.  By golly, those kids were counting to six in English after my hour with them.  I talked about procrastination, and when I am faced with a challenge, not always but usually, I just quit.  Patrick pushed me out of my comfort zone and I am exhilarated and looking forward to teaching more.  And I am grateful.  If I could only remember these kids' names.  On a lighter note, Miyo lost yet another tooth.  Now she says "toof".




She yanked it out all by herself.




So little, looks like a Tic Tac.




The end result.
How exciting to lose teeth as a child, yet it is terrifying to think of it as an adult and it gives me nightmares.

1 comment:

  1. yay elissa! i knew they would love you! congrats on stretching what you imagined are your boundaries, only to find, "boundaries. who cares?!"
    good for you!

    ReplyDelete