Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 10 on day 11

I'm writing about yesterday when it's already today. Happens often.

I didn't get a ride in yesterday. The ride for the day was going to be the commute but it got rained out. I could have ridden after I got home from work, but it was already 11pm so instead I retired to the couch. I didn't force myself to get out there. After all, this bike riding thing I'm doing for 30 days is supposed to be fun. I want it to reflect how I actual go about my days and make decisions. Truth be told, I probably think about riding more than I actually do.


On days that I don't ride into work, I take the train. On the walk home from the station I always stop by a used book store and look for some cycling magazines and cheap kids dvds. Recently found this comic called "Yowamushi Pedal" - "Yowamushi" in English means, weakly, coward or a softy. It's about a nerdy kid that turns into a strong road racer. So far I've only read a few stories but apparently his strength is in climbing. Cool.



This is my favorite cycling magazine published in Japan. It's called "Bicycle People." It's a monthly magazine and costs about 15 bucks new. A little expensive but I think it's worth the price. Scored this one used for a dollar. It has great pictures and nice write ups on local bike touring routes. Most of the cycling routes focus on randonneuring and pass hunting stuff. Unfortunatelymost are far from where I live so I haven't tried any of their recommendations yet. I hope to get out there soon. I'm thinking about it.........
Ideally I'd like to take the train to these destinations. So figuring out/practicing transporting bikes by train is going to be my first mission. Over and out.


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment