Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 4

I wanted to go out on a ride with the family today, but once again the weather didn't cooperate.
The weather guys told me we would have some sun today, but that didn't happen until 5pm.
Once again I took off into the drizzling, sunny early evening and went for a short ride.
It was great to see so many people getting out the enjoy the brief sunshine. I also noticed that because it's before dinner time, so there were all kinds of appetizing food aromas in the air from people preparing their meals. I think I smelled some curry.

No destination or purpose today. Just a fun ride.




This road was a new discovery. I always seek out secluded, quiet areas to ride. It dictates where I go most of the time. This is one of those roads. It's a short non-motorized use road running along the expressway pictured below. I've found many nice areas to ride along the expressways. Cars tend to stay away and building aren't built very close to them. This is the Tomei Expressway which will take you to Mt. Fuji.




Japanese style squatty potty. The pink suggests this is the ladies room. Hate using these but sometimes you have no choice. This public toilet is located on the expressway with access to it from the road I was riding in the picture above.



This is our neighborhood grocery store. It's very close to our apartment and a great place to shop. It's called Humming Stage. Strange name, not sure what it means. People put weird names on stuff over here but you get used to it quickly. The name seems normal to me now. I guess it could be Engrish but at least it's spelled correctly.


We're supposed to have a nice sunny day tomorrow. Hoping for a family funtime ride. Yeah.

1 comment: