Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 6

Today I took off for a short ride early in the morning because the weather man was forecasting some late day rain. I wish I would get out more often in the morning. The world sounds, feels and smells so different in the AM. There's less people and less cars to interact with, which really is what its all about.
30 minutes of early morning riding feels just as refreshing as a one hour ride in the afternoon.







In the afternoon we visited the MOMAT to check out the last day of a Jackson Pollack exhibit. The museum is located near the Imperial Palace. When we got there we saw a bunch of people riding their bikes on the street. Apparently they shut down the street around the palace on Sundays and turn it into a ciclovia type event. All we saw were cyclists though. I saw a couple of organizer-looking guys wearing shirts that said "Palace Cycling" so I assume that's it's official name.


Mom and daughter on rented tandem. I'd like to come back with my family one of these weekends and spend some time riding bikes and visiting some sites around this area. Seemed like a fun thing to do.


Miyo is peace signing on a replica vinyl floor from Pollocks studio. Who wouldn't want this design in for their kitchen floor right? Never was a fan of Pollocks work. Especially the giant drip paintings. It's not really his fault but it's kinda like a pop song that gets played too often on the radio. But this exhibit included a lot of his earlier years so I was able to follow the progression of his art works. I was happy to learn that Pollock was a lot more than the drip paintings he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment