Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 5

Finally the rain stopped and the sun decided to give us some love. 
My goal was to ride with the family.
We managed a trip to the park early in the morning. Everyone was out to enjoy the sun and the warm temperatures. Our purpose at the park was to catch some live insects for our froglets. We're keeping them for now but I think their release is forthcoming. None of us really like catching insects and we're too cheap to buy live food from the pet store. 

The Bike Friday Family Tandem was bought off of the Tokyo Craigslist a couple weeks ago. Such a great bike. Miyo is a couple inches shy of fitting it comfortably but she seems to enjoy cruising with me. I didn't expect to buy anything like this, but I can already tell that this is going to change how we spend our time as a family and experience our world around us. It's also great because Elissa can ride it too.

I feel blessed to be able to enjoy cycling with my family. It's truly an activity I enjoy 110%.









We snuck out for another trip in the afternoon. We were all bored and weren't really motivated to do anything but decided to go do some shopping. This meant getting one of Miyo's favorite food items - the pretzel. There's only one place to get them that we know of so it's a very special occasion.




I even went for a third ride in the early evening and found a beautiful full moon. A wonderful end to a great day. Looking forward to more days like today.



Peace.

4 comments:

  1. The blog's looking pretty spiffy. And I'm diggin' your daily ride reports. And that's a sweet Bike Friday, nice score. And great pics, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat. Your 30 days of biking was my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Elissa is so busy cycling that you've taken over the responsibility as the main writer? :) Last night's moon was gorgeous, and thank HEAVENS Gray Soggy Week has finally turned into Golden Sunny week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet ride. Sometimes I wish we hadn't gotten rid of our BF. Maddie hardly rides anymore, but she says she would if we still had the tandem. Not sure I buy it.

    Your Pacer is rad. It looks "right."

    ReplyDelete